Dogs are very welcome, as long as they are friendly and happy to stay off beds and couches! Rockwood Farm is part of a Conservancy so we ask that dog owners keep their pets away from wildlife and in particular from the Rockwood troop of baboons that sometimes frequent the dams and may be found in the vicinity of walking trails. Please let us know if you would like to bring your dog/s.
Directions from Cape Town:
• Take the N7 to Malmesbury.
• Pass the towns of Malmesbury, Moorreesburg and Piketberg.
• After the Piekeniers Kloof Pass, turn off the N7 to Citrusdal.
• At the 4-way stop street cross straight over the main road (Voortrekker) and follow the Middelberg Pass road to Ceres (R303).
• Approximately 6.5 kms from the stop street you will find the entrance to Rockwood Farm on your left. There are white gate posts with a small sign on the right post..
• If you cross a small bridge over a river, you have passed the farm entrance by about one kilometre and should therefore turn around!
-32.37.52736, 19.3.68928 (32° 37’ 31”S, 19° 3’ 41”E)